The idea is to build a positive, encouraging community based on love, respect and belly laughs. To do so, I ask that everyone follow a few simple rules:
- Follow this blog using the subscribe button on the home page. Then follow me on Instagram (#the.sylva.lining).
- Afterwards, leave a message on the home page so I know how I can personally cheer you up.* Whatever I create for you will also be shared with the group via regular posts.**
- Interact with and encourage me and other members on the site (following the blog and Insta will also help us all stay connected).
- No negative comments or trolling. Mean, nasty trolls will be expelled from the School of Cool!!
*Luckily the Powers That Be have given me loads of eclectic and useful creative talents. What use are they if I don’t share them? Here are some examples of my “services:”
- Writing you a song using my handy dandy *new* electric keyboard.
- Drawing you a picture.
- Missing the movies? I can make you a must-see list by genre, mood or steamy actor of your choice.
- Missing museums, you nerd? I can write you a riveting article on the topic of your choice– just tell me what you’re curious about.
- Missing the outdoors? I am sneaky enough to know where I can still go without getting busted and I can take a picture for you and/or tell you the story of my adventure.
- Good point I just made there… missing adventure in general? I have SO many pictures and stories I haven’t told from immigrating to Italy to back country skiing in Colorado, hiking and camping in Utah, bike touring in Mexico, Southeast Asia and Europe… Or I can invent something about traveling to Jupiter with my two-headed purple elephant and a canister of Sour Cream and Onion Pringles, if you like.
- Feeling lonely? I can write you a love letter or poem. Sappy or ridiculous? Your choice.
- Have some burning question? I can do a Tarot reading for you. No, I will not tell you when you’re going to die or that your head is going to fall off tomorrow. For me, Tarot is more about understanding, exploring and working with your own intuition.
- Feeling a bit… off? Unbalanced I’ve been dabbling in shamanism and energy healing. Let me do some long distance energy work on you. Or I can help you find the perfect meditation.
- Feeling stuck or indecisive? I can make you an entertaining yet useful “How To.” For example, “How to Know When to Change Your Pajamas During the (Second) Lockdown.” Or something a bit less serious and more useful like, “How to Let Go.”
- Need a “How To” that packs a punch? I can create a rite for you that helps you accomplish, for example, letting go. Or buying a new toothbrush.
Obviously, if there is something else that you/I/the collective can think of that would help more, let’s do that, too!
**If your situation is too personal to share with the group, please message me in private via the “Contact Sylva” page and we’ll come up with a solution.
Can’t wait to see what you make me do…
Lots of love,